How does 3D Scanning work?
Traditional methods of Reverse Engineering and First Article Inspection are outdated and wasteful. With 3D Scanning, the process is changing. You can quickly capture current geometry where no CAD data is available and you can quickly inspect your product when production begins.
With our non-contact 3D Scanning service, thousands of measurements per second are captured into specialized software that can turn that data into usable CAD files or compare it to existing files.
Benefits and uses of 3D Scanning
- Save time and money on first time Inspection
- Check tooling for accuracy or wear
- Create visualization models demostrations or promotional material
- Replicate old parts that have no CAD data
- Capture data of conceptual design models
- Copy existing part designs for after market applications
- Analyze competitive products
- Minimize out-of-tolerance parts in production
- Find shrink and warpage problems with injection molded parts quickly and inexpensively
- Ensure proper build parameters are being used on Rapid Prototyping Equipment
- Quickly verify the accuracy of vendor or 3rd party First Article Inspections
- Communicate dimensional problems clearly to overseas suppliers
- Inspect parts for wear patterns